Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti Squash is amazing. It tastes the same as spaghetti but is better for you. We even like the texture of the squash noodles better than spaghetti noodles.

My husband was less than thrilled when I told him I was making Spaghetti Squash for dinner last week. He moaned and groaned as it was cooking and as I placed it on the dinner table. And then he took a bite and said, "That's surprisingly ridiculously delicious." We both loved this meal and can't wait to make it again.

He went on to say, "I just can't get over how amazing this is. I really thought this was going to taste like sh*!. It's so good we can eat this after Lent. We could even add meat to it!" I wonder when he'll stop doubting my cooking. :)

Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:
·1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
·Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
·Salt and pepper
·Marinara sauce
·Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400˚. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Drizzle the flesh with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on a baking sheet covered with foil. Bake for 45 minutes until squash is tender. Remove from oven and use a fork to loosen the squash “noodle” strands up. Stir in your favorite pasta sauce, top with cheese, and serve.


I've also shared this recipe on: Slighlty Indulgent Tuesday

0 comments: